Saturday, November 6, 2010

Finding peace behind the clouds

Incessant bombings and killings. Burgeoning corruption and poverty. Chaos--unending chaos.

I turned off the TV. It totally bored me to see all those recurring news regarding our country. Humanity being torn between good and evil, with evil almost embracing victory.

Everything’s just way too disheartening. Way too confusing.

Tired of watching such dismal scenario, I went outside our house. I gazed at the boundless blanket of blue sky above me, tried my luck to seek anything that is possibly there... and prayed. But what could this be that I’m trying to seek? This that I’m deeply longing and praying for?

The fathomless dome above me seemed to be nothing more than a virtual empty space. Yet despite the void that it is, is the presence of a feeling of calmness... a peculiar tranquility giving off an aura of security... but what is this feeling?

I could hardly distinguish this relaxing mood enveloping my very being. What could this be? What could this be that seemed to brush off every dust of weariness that I feel? What could this be that completely silenced all the wailing and the whining inside of me? What could this be that rejuvenated my soul so gloriously?

My consciousness, with all its might, tried to conjure up a reasonable explanation for what it was.
Then my mind fell into one judgment: Peace.

Yes! It should be peace that I was feeling right then. Yes, PEACE--this elusive remedy I was long been searching for, which from out of the blue I suddenly discovered in the midst of my soul-searching. This peace which arrived with an entourage of angels. This that would finally bring solace and relief to my disheartened feeling and enlighten the confusion within.

Oh PEACE! I love this feeling! But if it does exist, why do most people still choose bombings and killings over amicable measures of achieving their goals? Why do politicians still believe that corruption is an effective resort to cultivate and amass wealth? Why do masses of people still have to wallow in poverty’s lair?

Why don’t people just simply dig up the happiness from the simple things? Why choose to listen to an ugly orchestra of divisions, hatred and selfishness when we have the option to sing gleefully in the symphony of brotherhood? Why don’t people just stare at the sky and read behind the clouds the invisible signboard which reads “PEACE” hidden in its vast nothingness?

After mulling this over, I found myself hoping: hoping that people may learn to discover PEACE in their hearts; hoping that people may see the million little things around them worth grinning at; hoping that people would find time to look up at the sky and learn to seek PEACE in their solitude; and finally, hoping that people may learn to kneel in worship and extend both their joy and misery to the one true King of Peace, the Almighty!


Ad majorem dei gloriam!

No comments:

Post a Comment